Back to Help index
Are profiles censored? Is there any limit to what I can put in my profile?
How long does it take to have my profile posted?
What are some tips to remember when creating my profile?
The number of replies you get from other members will depend greatly on the quality of your profile. Here are some helpful tips:
Upload a photograph: People like to see who they're writing to: profiles with photographs get up to ten times more clicks as profiles without them. You can upload a photo from a digital camera or a scanner. If you don't have access to a scanner, we can do if for you (for a nominal fee). See the "How do I upload photos?" section for details.
Create a catchy title for your profile: When members search listings on the site, the title of your profile is listed next to your name. As a general rule, profile titles like "Hi!" do not catch people's attention, where as more personalized titles do.
Think before you write: Feel free to write as much as you want in our essay portions of the sign-up pages. Tell other members about yourself: your likes and dislikes, things you enjoy doing, what line of work you're in, what your personality is like, even your hopes and dreams. The better your profile describes you, the more likely it is that others will read and respond to it. If you can't think of anything right away, you can always add more later. And don't forget to fill out the optional profile questions - these will also help other members get to know you even better.
How do I temporarily turn my listing off?
To "turn off" your profile so that other members cannot see it, log into the site with your username and password. Then:
- Click on the "My Account" link in the top navigation bar of the site page.
- Click the "Profile Availability" link in the Account section.
- Select the "Make my profile temporarily turned off" radio button.
- Click the update button next to that section.
How do I permanently remove my listing and delete my account?
NOTE: Please make sure you have auto-renewal turned off before removing your profile.
To permanently delete your profile:
CAUTION: Once you click on the "Yes, delete my account" button, you account and profile will be instantly and permanently deleted! There is no way to recover or restore your account. Please consider this before making your selection.
- Log into the site with your username and password.
- Click on the "My Account" link at the top of the page.
- Click on the "Delete Account" link in the Account section.
- Click on the "Permanently Delete My Entire Account" link.
- Enter your password and click the "Yes, delete my account" button.
How do I update my profile?
To update your profile:
- Log into the site using your username and password.
- Click on the "My Account" link.
- There are three links in the Profile section that you can use to update your profile: "Basic Profile", "Personal Information", and "Physical Information".
Note: All profiles and auto replies are subject to our approval process and may take anywhere between 24-72 hours to review.
- "Basic Profile" contains the most crucial information about you (name, birthday, age, location, etc.).
- "Personal Information" helps to fill in the details about you, such as your level of education, occupation, and marital status.
- "Physical Information" contains vital data about your features, from height and body type to hair color.
I'm not getting my password or other emails from Friendfinder Inc!
How do I contact your Customer Service Department?
How do I submit a suggestion for improvement?